Monday, September 3, 2012

Maybe it's because of all that paper-piecing

Historically, registering for things on line is fraught with tension.  The organizers say that something is going to be live at a certain time, so everyone shows up right then and a) the system crashes because too many people are trying to use it, b) they haven't worked out all the bugs or c) by the time you muddle through the mess of a system, your choices are all sold out.

But the organizers of QuiltCon really seemed to have learned from everyone else's trials and tribulations.  They did such an amazing job of preparing for their registration - video tutorials! instructions by email!  I couldn't be more impressed.  Could quilters be more organized than other conventioneers?  Does all that mitering lead to perfect corners in other aspects of your life?  (If so, why do I forget to carry my phone so much of the time?)

I do recognize the absurdity of being so wrapped up in registration for a quilting conference, but my heart was actually racing as the minutes ticked by until 10:00.  But when the clock flipped over, my fingers started flying and I dashed through the registration, just like the nice lady on the video told me to!

I got all of the classes that I was hoping for, though I feel almost certain that I've overscheduled, as is my wont.  I'm so very excited.

Let me know if any part of your schedule matches up with mine!

Thursday: Free-Motion Quilting on a Home Machine (Elizabeth Hartman)
Friday: Composing a Quilt (Anna Maria Horner, whose new fabric line I love love love)
Saturday: The Signature Quilt (Valori Wells)
Sunday: Machine Piecing Hexagons (Jacquie Gering)

Combine this with the fact that I have been given leave to go to Austin early to spend some time traveling in the Hill Country to see the sights of Lyndon Johnson's early life, and I have planned myself the nerdiest good time imaginable!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm soooo excited and I'm going to do some research before we set off so I can be all nerdy too ;) Loving the new blog layout by the way :)

    ReplyDelete