Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Hate Basting

Truly, and with every part of me.  I enjoy just about every other aspect of quilting (well, except having to figure out how to do bias binding every time, even though I've done it dozens of times.  I don't love that.)  But everything else, mostly.  But I really really hate basting.  It's 10 hours of work that you're going to take out in about five minutes not very long from now (if you're lucky and a fast quilter).   And does it really need to be 4 inches apart?  And the star shape, too?

Sometimes I sing a song about how much I hate basting.  It often goes like this, "I - I - I hate basting.  I really really do.  There are so many other things I would rather be do-oo-ing, but I have to do this instead."

But at least now it's done!  And I can start the quilting.  Which is good, because it means I don't have to baste anymore.  Which I hate doing.

This is for my big brother's quilt, and I don't want to show him yet, so here's a little teaser - please note all those extra stitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment